My 11 month old wont eat meat, is there anything i can do to get him to eat it or what should i feed him so he can get protien?

lilae86

Asked by lilae86 at 3:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Eggs
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• peanut butter

beans

don't stress over it, alot of kids have phases they dont eat certain foods.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/meat-vegetarian-protein-baby-food.htm

Here's a link for you....maybe this will help you.. GL!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 3:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• eggs, beans, are all good for protien. tofa or soy burgers. My girls will not eat hamburger but will eat ground turkey and chicken. some of those kids ensure drinks have protein in them. Just keep trying and one day he will surprise you.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My 2 yr old is still like that. I give him cheese, beens, eggs. The only meat he will eat is meatballs...have you tried that?
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 3:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• at 11 months...your baby will be getting all the protien (and other nutrients/vitamins) that they need from thier breast milk or formula. Right now is just mailnly practice time for eating solids.
    A lot of babies/kids don't care too much for eating meat. Peanut butter,eggs and beans are a good substitute.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• He's under a year old, peanut butter and eggs aren't recommended yet.

Beans are great. Kidney beans, Red Beans, Navy Beans, Chickpeas, Pinto Beans, Black Beans.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• peanut butter has protein.

Don't give up though he will try it soon or later. My dd wouldn't eat meat what so ever as a baby either. You know I put meat on her plate every time I made dinner in hopes she would try it and like it. And you know she is 6 now, but it took her until she was 4 years old to finally try it. Must got tired of looking at it lol and now she loves things like chicken and hotdogs and hamburgers. My youngest wouldn't eat any kind of potatoe baked, fried, mashed, fries anything. I kept putting it on her plate she is 3 now and it took until just a couple weeks ago. Now she loves mashed potatoes and gravy lol.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Eggs are a great source of protein and are fine for an 11 month old - check out the AAPs recommendation.

Answer by missanc at 7:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• hmm my sisters son don't like meat much either but he will eat it if he has 2 but you can keep feeding him eggs and give him lots of milk
    taratennant60

Answer by taratennant60 at 8:25 AM on Jun. 23, 2011