Hernia Repair and Pregnancy

BEFORE YOU SAY "GO TO YOUR DOCTOR" KNOW THAT I WILL... this is just curiosity for those who may have gone through or are going through this.

I had an emergency hernia repair back in Feb. 2011. I had the mesh placed and was told I would not have any more children. My husband and I have been waiting for my health to return and a few other things before having a tubal done.

I am a month late, which is very unusual. I have two wonderful daughters and an angel baby (Sept. 2010). I have very difficult pregnancies, my last c-section almost killed me.

What are the chances of a productive pregnancy with the mesh?
What is pregnancy like because of the mesh?
I have not taken the test but I am now curious what pregnancy and birth would be like after having this surgery.

Again please don't tell me to ask my doctor, I fully intend to once I take a home test...this is just my curiosity,

LadyOsgood

Asked by LadyOsgood at 3:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Health

• I have had the same thing. They told me mesh can give way anyway anytime. Any kind of weight gain or even loss can do it, or it just goes on its own. You would have to have it repaired again. I know it sucks and hurts so bad. But I would THINK it would be ok but your hernia would return as it was before. Then after you would have to get it fixed again and maybe a lecture from your surgeon.

Answer by gemgem at 3:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2011