Abortion question????

I have a dear friend, more like and adopted daughter. She is at much house almost as much as my kids. She is 17 and gotten pregnant. Her parents don't give a crap about her. They know about the pregnancy. Anyway, she is wanting me to go with her to get the abortion. I am totally against this, but I don't want her going through something like this by herself. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Support her. You may not agree but it is her choice. Give her some support.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Would it be possible to take her to a Pregnancy Resource Center where she could get counseling, help and care? If I knew a teen who was pregnant I would try to suggest that. There they can often get ultrasounds of the baby and that can make a difference. If she was determined to have an abortion though, I would definitely go with her! She will really need a friend and should not go through something like this alone.
    Valleylily

Answer by Valleylily at 3:35 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• offer her option, show her what other things are possible and if she will see nothing else, go support her. At least you have tried to give her options if you do it this way.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:27 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I agree. The best thing you can do is be there for her. Im sure this is a difficult decision for her already.
    shar-hulk

Answer by shar-hulk at 3:27 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Support her and go wit her
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I would be careful. It's so great that she has you there! It really is. But even if mom acts like she doesn't give a shit, it always seems like it's those ones who try to step in and go after you because you are doing the work for them. Meaning, make sure mom isn't going to hold you accountable for her choice, or for facilitating.

If it were me and was strongly against it, I'd stand my ground and set the example. I'm not saying I am though.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• idk what the laws are for abortion.. can she even get one without parents consent... if yes make sure she knows all her options and also let her know that you are very much against abortion but that you will stand by her no matter what decision she makes..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 4:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Thanks ladies. I have tried to see if she would consider adoption. I barely got the word adoption out of my mouth when I heard a loud no. I'm just trying to put myself in her shoes.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• well maybe u should help her...offer her into ur home.
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 4:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I offered, she didn't want to hurt her parents.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2011