28 weeks pregnant and butt/legs are getting BIG!!!!!

I have gained 19 pounds and it is all in my butt and legs, mainly my thighs. I try to exercise a couple days a week so why is it doing this? I have to wear shorts because it is so hot but am really hating my legs right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Different women gain differently...just continue to work out as it will help after u have baby. Tere isnt much u can do hun.
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 4:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I had somewhat of the same thing happen to me. I've gained 17 lbs (I am 35-36 weeks) and most of it is tummy, I'd say that my butt/thighs have gained a few pounds of that. Even working out the entire pregnancy, I have seen fat appear in my thighs that has never been there before. I think it is probably hormonal changes. I'm hoping that once things in my body resume to more normality, I will be able to eat healthy/exercise the extra fat away. Some of it doesn't even look like fat, it just looks like my legs got bigger!
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 4:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Ah honey, it all comes off if you work at it. You will be able to work harder once baby is born. Bet your hubby likes it ;)
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 4:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• same here Im 36 weeks and ive gained 30 pounds all in the butt and thighs too. Hubby loves it tho lol
    browneyez29

Answer by browneyez29 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 22, 2011