Why get jealous over something so stupid?

my dh got approved for a house through HUD. our landlord knows the person who runs the office in our county and when a house came open our land lord gave the lady our info. side note we been in her duplex close to 4 years and always ahead on rent, and she knew we were wanting to buy a house. since it is rent to own we have to come up with the down payment of 1,500. the loan we got approved for was zero down so we didnt have that much saved up. my dh is going to put in 60hrs of OT this next check to cover everything. HUD needs the money before aug 1, so dh working a ton of OT we will have everything covered. even though we will have to come up with extra $ in the beginning we will save close 300 a month after we get into this house, the payment is cheaper than our rent and utilities run cheaper. (its a lot smaller, one story with finished basement, we have 2 story duplex with basement) a friend had text me lastnight asking if i was mad at them since i havent been texting them the past few days i said no and told them about the house. and now they are pissed at me and my dh. its not our fault they dont like to work over time or pay their bills. our land lord referred us because she knows how well we pay the bills

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• You don't need a friend like that, a true friend would be happy & proud for you guys buying a house. Ignore her she's just hating & you ignore people like that.
    VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 4:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• So they are jealous because you are buying a home? That is crazy.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 4:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• misery always love company...they are miserable you are making it..
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 4:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Yeah u deff. dont need a friend like that. Seems like she wants u to be misserable. I have a few friends like that that try and dig for problems. Congrats girl..I hope u all get the money up soon!!!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 4:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Congrats to you and your dh. Don't worry about things. They will work themselves out. They will get over it.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• What exactly did they do or say that makes you think they are jealous? Do you really know for sure? Am I missing something?

In their defense, you never know what goes on behind closed doors and why. To concern yourself with how much they work, and how they pay their bills is really not your place, and makes you look childish. It sounds as if you are enjoying a one up on your friend or something.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• they don't sound like friends if they're actually jealous over that
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 4:42 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• its the rude comments they made after. i wasnt braggin about it, i just told them reason why i been busy whenthey asked why i havent been texting them the past few days. i know about how their finacials are cause they always complain about it. i dont normally talk about my fiances unless asked, and i only told them how much the payment was cause they asked how much so they get a house also. i gave them the number for hud and they later complained that they didnt qualify and said must be nice to know people to get things. and its not really knowing people, if we didnt work or pay bills we wouldnt qualify for anything either.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Ok that little bit of info helps. But whether they tell you their business or not it's still there business, and rubbing it in makes you look catty. Just don't respond to their cattiness. Ignore it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Sorry typo, it's sill not your business even if they do share info with you. And your rates and such isn't any of their business.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2011