Are these early symptoms of anything or is it considered a normal phase for a 2 year old?

scared of loud noises...especially trains..to the point of uncontrollable screaming/crying/shaking for several minutes

scared of water...bath water,pool water

scared (terrified of) bubbles, bath bubbles

thumb sucking

hand sucking

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 4:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Normal at that age. My Son was a nervous nelly about water & loud sounds. July 4th was a bust! He's 4 now & is now Mr. Courageous!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• some of them doesnt sound normal. Maybe take the child to the doctor
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• http://askville.amazon.com/Normal-year-suddenly-afraid/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=7501671
    This was an interesting link:
    It gave quite alot of info....maybe it will answer your questions?
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 4:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Fears emerge around 2 yrs.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 4:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Most of it sounds normal, but if the reactions worsen, then I would call the pediatrician to be sure.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 4:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• i don't like the first one where so upset to the point of being uncontrollable..
    My son suffers ( diagnosed already at 3 ) from anxiety and he does have issues with the loud noises but the water bubbles thing sounds like a phase and even the noise is getting so much better but was so bad at 2..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Completly normal!!!

Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:32 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• my son will be 2 in october and he is scared of lous noises...he loves the water bute HATES laying down in the bathtub to wash his hair....
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 5:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Between my twins, they have gone through things similar to the first 3, and at 3 1/2 they are mostly past it. Sometimes they get scared by strange things too. My daughter once became hysterical when I put mashed potatoes on her plate because she thought it was a snowman, and I'm still not really sure why that scared her so much.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2011