How do I tell her?

For the last week or so I have been posting questions about my current situation with DH and BFF, I appreciate everyones input; now I have another question.

How do I tell her that Im gonna do as my husband asks without hurting her feelings? (DH doesnt want kids around her) Her kids love my boys they have known them since birth and it wasnt till about 6 mo. ago that DH all of a sudden made this rule. This is so hard for me but I have to do whats best for my family regardless of whats fair to me or not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• A threat can escalate at any time for any reason. She sounds unstable. Be honest and if her feelings are hurt, too bad... not much you can do. As far as your feelings, you will get over it. You have a husband and kids to focus on. I am also assuming that you have other friends you can hang out with. One's that won't threaten anyone?
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 4:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• both parties sound ridiculous. they should all act more like adults.
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 4:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• can you post links to your other questions so we can understand better? like why your dh doesnt want your kids around her kids
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• At this point it can't be done without hurting her feelings. If she had threatened my husbands family I would have dropped her butt right then. Just tell her because of previous incidents you are no longer welcome in our home or around my children. You have to do what is right for your family or you won't have one,
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• ouch! i am so sorry that you are in the middle of that mess! That is crazy.

i wouldn't say anything specific, i would just distance yourself. sometimes, we have to do what is right for the environment of the children, and that might take the form of cutting off a friend or refusing to be around certain family members. it sucks, but it is our job.

sorry mama.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Does your husband have good reason not to want your kids around her?
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 4:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• You'll have to give more details since you are anon and we can't trace your prev question
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I would love to give you input. Could you possibly link us to the other questions? I can better understand the situation then.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• well it all started like 3-4 yrs ago, before we were even married and had children, my friends ran into his sisters while shopping one day and my SIL's husband at the time said "hi" and my friend was rude and said dont effin talk to me, well the hubby got all pissed and called her a bitch, BFF claims it was loud enough for all the people in the store to hear, SIL claims that it was only loud enough for her to hear; needless to say, BFF got into SIL's face because of that my other SIL that was with her, keyed my friends car, so BFF called one of em up and made a malicious threat "im gonna slit your sisters throat" from that day on i told all of them that i wanted nothing to do with it, it wasnt my drama things were cool. well later on we get married she moves to hawaii then moves back i got excited started hanging out with her alot and then BAM all of a sudden huge ass fight...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• How do I link the questions?
    Anonymous