My teething baby

My DS got his first two teeth (bottom) at 4 months and was suprisingly docile. The third and fourth on top was the same way at about 6 mo. Now he's 10 mo and the side teeth are coming out, and he is just in so much pain. The first 4 didn't bleed but one of these did cause a spot of blood. I tried the baby tylenol according to the Drs orders with the Orajel but it just dsnt do anything. I have the cool toys, and for the brief moment hes fascinated by them they work but what baby will sit and chew when he wants to crawl and play? When its time to eat I serve his food cold and I dnt warm up his bottles and that seems to help but only while feeding. I guess theres nothing I can do other than that, the Dr ha no more suggestions. Poor DS can't take his naps I guess bc of the pain, so he's extra cranky. Wakes up earlier and goes to sleep later. I wish I could take his pain for him, I really do. Anyone have suggestions? I'm prettyopen to anything at this point... Except alcohol I know older parents have done it no prob but i cnt do that. I'm not trying to be rude but i just cant bring myself to do that. Plus my DH and I had a drinking addiction before I got pregnant and I can't bring alcohol back into my household, its been almost a year since our.last drink.

kpincince

Asked by kpincince at 4:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would suggest infant's advil (ibuprofen) instead of Tylenol, it worked better for my daughter. To help with the sleeping, I would try a bit of chamomile tea.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 4:27 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Does he take a paci? I put my sons pacis in the freezer and he liked that. He wouldn't take a teether, but the cold paci felt good on his gums. HTH
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 4:46 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I'm going to give the ibuprofen a go... If that dsnt do it I will def try chamomile tea too. He loves his thumb, when I try to give a pacifier he spits it out & in goes the thumb.
    kpincince

Comment by kpincince (original poster) at 4:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Soak a baby wash cloth in chamomile tea, freeze or chill and let baby chew on it.........the tea has soothing effects for an hour or two after, and the cold is immediate relief. It worked wonders for my boys.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 4:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My 7 month old has 8 teeth, ridiculous, I know. For the first three, I SWORE by those baltic amber necklaces but with the next top 4 (he got bottom 3 first), it was TERRIBLE. Every parenting view of mine got thrown out the window. I use tylenol (which I'm completely against), oragel (even more against), and finally found something that worked. Olive oil & clove oil (essential oil - get it at GNC). You do one tablespoon of olive oil, and 2 drops of clove oil. It's a natural numbing agent.
    mamanature

Answer by mamanature at 10:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2011