I would like to go back to school to make something good of myself but I am so discourage because nothing sticks. I feel like I'm a stupid person.

I got married at 19, have been married ever since going for 21 years married in July.  I have a dd, she's 12, my marriage is okay. I wish my marriage was better than okay.  I feel like I have wasted so many years.  I feel trapped.  Anyone felt like this and was able to switch things around for yoursself.  How did you do it?  Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in

• I know how you feel.. hang in there, I hope you find your talent and passion soon!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Keep going. You WILL figure it out.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 4:37 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Go and look at the school you want to attend. Talk to an admissions counselor, take some education and career testing to see where your skills and interests lie. Take 1 or 2 classes to start with and once you get the hang of things, add more classes. I started out taking 1 class, the next semester I took 3, then next 4, then next 5 (that was NOT easy!!). I have issues remembering but I am getting a 3.5 GPA and I am going to be 40 in August!!! You CAN do it. Your daughter will see how important school is and she will be able to help you. You can set up studytime where you both study together.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:45 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I think many of us want to find that perfect passion for us in life...I'm still looking for mine. I believe in trying to better yourself no matter what. If that means going to school to get a degree or just learning 1 new thing every single day that you didn't know before...it boosts your attitude in yourself. I set little goals for myself like: trying to understand politics better, learning more spanish, reading Classic books I never read like War & Peace by Tolstoy, learning how to sew well, so I know how and can enjoy making things myself for home.,...just things like this. So far, I think I'm doing pretty good and I do feel better about myself overall. I would love to be a Neo-Natal RN but due to my health, this can no longer be goal so...I have to be realistic. I'm taking Med Trans course. You CAN do it!!! You are NOT STUPID!!! Hold your head up and set some goals and don't give up!!!!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 3:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• You can do it!! Just be strong! Good Luck!♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• be strong hun, you can do whatever u put ur mind to
    Indira25

Answer by Indira25 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I felt the same way you did. With my marriage and kids. I went back to night school. I have an associates degree in Massage Therapy. I was never good in school. So, when I got a B in math, it was like an A for me. I graduated with top honors. I haven't used it yet, because I am homeschooling my son and being a mom. But, I have fulfilled my dream of getting a degree. When my son leaves home I will decide what I will do. Good luck and never stop reaching for the stars.
    SweetPea726

Answer by SweetPea726 at 5:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• GL! If I were you, I would take an aptitude test to see what you are good at... then see what courses you could take on line to start towards that goal.... wish you luck!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 9:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2011