Wouldn't this make you worried sick too ?

I am a step mom to a girl who recently had a baby with a scuzzball ... My husband and I have never liked the guy and we could always tell he just wasnt right... and I dont mean he is just like a geeky guy or a little odd but I mean, when you meet him you immediatly think of one of those guys who starts a cult or something... other than no job, not having the greatest hygene, and the scarey impression he gives off, he also has never treated step daughter very well, he argues and complains about everything she says.

She got pregnant shortly after they started dating, and now the baby is 3 weeks old... she lives with us and begs us to let him move in too but we say absolutely not... we have tried to talk to her about why she is with him, and if she really plans a future with him and she says that she does.... so we say ok, but that doesnt change the fact that he will not live here with us.

AND now we know without a doubt he will never be aloud in our home period. We came across the fact that he is on the sex offenders site for sexual battery and gross sexual impossition of a minor under the age of 13 ....

My husband and I have 3 other daughters all under the age of 13 ... there is no way in HELL he will come around any of them... and now we are worried for our new born grandaughter ...

We cannot make her understand that he is a bad guy and she needs to keep him away from the baby, she even sticks up for him and tried to explain what happened... ( what he told her after we found out and told her about it ) was that a girl who was *** 11 years old *** lied and said she was 18 ....... yeah freaking right, what 11 year old girl would convince a 23 year old man that she is 18 years old, and even if that is true... what did this little girl do, tell him she was 18, have sex with him, then beat herself up and go to the cops and say that he beat her.... yeah i am sure it is all the 11 year old girls fault.....

We are to the point to where we feel we need to tell step daughter that if she doesnt do something about him then we will find out what we can legally do to protect the baby....

step daughter just turned 18 years old, we want her and the baby to live here, in fact we know she has too because she has no job or any other form of support ... we honestly think she had a bad case of judgement when she got pregnant by him and now she is afriad he will try and take the baby from her or she just wants them to have a family...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Oh what a mess. Please keep the baby safe. She is 18 so nothing you can do for her but talk to her, but please keep her baby safe.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Yikes!! no way would i let him near my kids. She needs a big eye opener. I have no advice :( GOOD LUCK!!!
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I have heard of grandparents seeking custody from the courts, is this a possibility? What an icky situation.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 7:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Yep, you've got one big problemo there ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Don't take custody if she's not a bad mom. Simply say the house is too full or something. Don't try to convince her he's bad it'll only make him more appealing. And even if he's not the... nicest fellow, that doesn't mean he'd hurt his own child.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 7:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I guess I would never have ALLOWED her to see this guy in the first place, SHe lives with you, she needs to follow YOUR rules and behave. She is in for a hard life if she has already made such a bad choice.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• The hardest thing is that your daughter is going to have to make her own mistakes and sadly it sounds as though she is going to drag your granddaughter down too. I think you are doing the best thing you can right now by keeping her at your place and not giving in to moving him there... Do not keep talking bad about him though, that will just make her want him more... Just do whatever you can for her and watch for signs after he has been around either one of them (bruises, bleeding, vaginal redness, ect) if something does happen and your daughter still is making the choice to be with him... TAKE THAT CHILD... at that point she is no longer looking out for the best intrest of the child, but right now she is being a normal 18 year old and believing her BF, as long as she is taking care of the baby and he hasn't committed any crimes against them you really wont be able to take the child and trying will drive your daughter away. GL
    nikkis23

Answer by nikkis23 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Talk to a lawyer. In my state if the child has been in your care/custody/living in your home for the last 6 months than you have the right to file for custody. Its would be easy to do in my state because the father's record and mom is homeless/jobless without you. Especially if mom is taking the baby anywhere near the father! That you wouldnt even have to go to court for! Just call CPS and they will remove the child from mom's custody!
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 2:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Contact the child welfare department. If he is on the sex offenders list he will not be allowed to be near anyone under 18 including his own child.
    Anonymous

• She can lose her child if he moves in. That should cool her heels. Child sex offenders cannot live with children. Plain and simple
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 4:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2011