How hard would you say it is having a 2 yr old and a newborn???

I believe I might be pregnant again. my dd is only 19 months old. By the time the baby comes (IF! i am pregnant) she will be 28 months....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• my dd was 3 months from turning 3 when my youngest was born. I didn't find it really that hard.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My ds will be 26 months when the bean arrives so i cant say for sure but im super excited i htink the hard part is going to be affording 2 in diapers however i cloth diaper at home and im trying to potty train so we shall c :D
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• been there done that and survived! :) my oldest was 19 months when my second was born. it was so much fun i had number three 3 years later
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 5:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• i had my son when my daughter was only 26 months... and it was fine, i loved that they were that close in age ...it actually wasnt that hard either, at first the baby sleeps alot and that give the older child time to get use to the baby around... and usually at that age the big sibling wants to help alot... the only real thing i had to worry about was she always wanted to hold him and was always trying to touch him lol

my friend's oldest 2 are only 11 months apart - now THAT would hard lol
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 5:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• kylansmommy: i cloth and g diapered mine and was lucky enough to only have to do double diaper duty for 2 months, but it isn't any fun. GOOD LUCK TO ALL! :) (don't worry! its worth it! they'll be close!)
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 5:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• When my oldest was 28 months I had my 3rd child. The 2nd was 13 months. I really don't remember much about that year, lol. It's kind of all a blur but I do remember tying to do everything for everyone because that's what I thought I was supposed to do. I was getting up at 6am, dealing with kids all day and not eating anything until 1-2pm and that was usually my only meal because I didn't have time to eat then staying up all night with the baby, getting maybe a couple hours of sleep a night. I ended up having a nervous breakdown when they were 2 1/2, 17 months and 4 months old. But once I recovered from that and the baby got a little older things weren't so bad--and I had 3 in diapers for like 8 months before the oldest potty trained. That was the easy part. They are 11, 9 1/2 and 8 1/2 now and best of friends.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• JULINESS- Thank You!!!!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I dont even want to think about it lol good luck
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 5:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• my first son was 18 months when my second son was born. it was an easy adjustment for us, but my first son was very nurturing, and not at all jealous.
    after that i had twins, and that was hard!
    after that i had my 5th, and now it is time to potty train the twins...and that is hard!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My 2nd and 3rd are 18 months apart, my 4th and 5th are 20 months apart. I love having them close!

Answer by missanc at 7:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2011