Candles

Just wondering for someone who is candle crazy if they know if there is any difference between a yankee candle which is $20+ or at a craft store I got the same size candles 4 for $10 ....Do you really notice a difference?

MrsPilat

Asked by MrsPilat at 1:21 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Just for Fun

• i'm not candle crazy but i think yankee candles just tend to last longer
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 1:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Honestly...the only difference I've noticed is the amount of fragrance. I LOVE Yankee Candles, but jeeeeez they're so expensive. I can get cheap candles at Wal-Mart that smell a little less, but are just as good.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• All depends on how much scent they put into them. Yankee candles are very fragrant...the craft store ones are a crap shoot. I have had good luck with the walmart candels though and they are only 5 bucks.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:23 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I LOVE candles too, but I don't see much difference between the expensive kind and the Walmart kind. I usually don't buy them from dollar stores though, because the fragrance is usually weak or it stinks.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:27 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• The dollar store ones tend to only last for one lighting as well. At least, all the ones I ever got from Dollar Tree did. I lit them once and they burned down within a few hours. I guess that's all you get for a dollar though :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I notice the strong and lasting fragrance of Yankee. But I recently went to a candle party called PartyLite....those are supposed to be superior to Yankee. But the price!! YIKES
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:31 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• The smell, and hours they burn. I personally burn candles all day long so I gte the cheaper ones, but for gifts I only give Yankee. Unless I don't like the person! LOL J/K
    Haydensmom326

Answer by Haydensmom326 at 1:35 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• if you freeze your candles before burning them they last longer. I dont know why but to answer your question for $20 a candle it better sweep mop vaccuum my floors cook me dinner and give me a foot rub
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 2:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Actually walmart has some good scents by mainstay and not expensive. The only one not good is black cherry, red cherry, cherry something. It stinks. the others teally smell good and last a long time.You pay for the name of Yankee.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 2:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Yankee candles are more expensive but to me the smell is stronger and lasts longer. I have a few Walmart candles but they just don't have a lot of scent. Those Home Interiors candles are pretty good, too.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 5:12 PM on Dec. 13, 2008