I need a book to help explain it to her...

Ok so my daughter just turned 10 and I still haven't explained the period thing to her, I've tried to start the converstation but then I stop because I don't how to explain it, which I know is sad considering that I have had it know for 24 years now. Is there a book out there that we can read together that talks about it and explains it to her. I don't want to scare her or confuse her when we talk about it.

shoegal

Asked by shoegal at 2:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• "The Care and Keeping of You". It's by American Girl. It covers what is happening to her body and how to take care of her body. Sex isn't really discussed so you don't have to worry about it conflicting with what you want to teach her.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Is there a Barnes & Noble bookstore where you live? If so, I would go there and ask someone for help. I had to do this for my son when he was around 10 to help explain sex to him (I was pregnant at the time and he was asking questions).

Or you could look online at bn.com or your local library or amazon.com

Sorry I don't know of any specific books, but just wanted to offer up those suggestions.
    NovaChk

Answer by NovaChk at 3:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• im not sure if there is a book... but to make it easier on you why dont you start by asking her what she already knows about...more then likely she knows a little something and that should make it easier on you to explain to her...but just go on amazon and see what you can find or try your local library they should have something
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 3:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• http://www.keepkidshealthy.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?asinsearch=1557044449

http://www.kidsreads.com/reviews/1557045658-excerpt.asp
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I'd call a local crisis pregnancy center and ask them if you could come by sometime and pick up some info on babies. That is after all why we menstruate.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2008