DOES ANYONE KNOW IF YOU NEED INSURANCE TO GO TO A OB WANT TO TRY CLOMID???

MY HUSBAND AND I ARE TRYING TO HAVE A BABY AND IM STRUGGLING DUE TO MY IRREGULAR PERIODS... DO YOU THINK THERES ANOTHER WAY OF BUYING CLOMID????

Peke3024

Asked by Peke3024 at 5:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• If you have no insurance now may not be the best time to be trying. that being said you are always welcome to pay out of pocket. You don't have to have insurance to see a doctor or get a prescription.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• WELL I JUST CHOOSE TO NOT HAVE INSURANCE I HAVE BEEN LOOKING INTO A PLAN I SEE A REGULAR DOCTOR BUT IT'S WAY CHEAPER PAYING OUT OF POCKET THATS WHY I ASKED THAT QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Peke3024

Comment by Peke3024 (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Why would you be trying to get pregnant if you don't have insurance to begin with?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I say this in the kindest tone: Al caps on the internet is interpreted as yelling. Just so you are aware of how you are being perceived/
    Anonymous

• i was on clomid for a long time ..most insurance companies wont pay for it so its easier to just pay out of pocket and its not all that expensive anyway
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 5:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• It's cheaper to pay for a baby delivery out of pocket? $20000?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• WOW, HOSTILE much??

If you seem to know all of the answers why ask the question?
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 5:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• You can go to any Dr and get any perscription with or without insurance. It is just depending on how much you want to pay. I would call the OB and ask what their office fee is. Clomid is one of the cheapest fertility meds out there. I wanna say its less than $20 for 5 pills which would more than likely be your first dose.

Good luck. and just ignore anyone who wants to question your methods. As long as you take care of yourself and your child...then having insurance or not, that is your decision!
    gump

Answer by gump at 2:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Thank u so much for some decent advice its like i got attacked for not having insurance... I know me and my husband can afford it or i wouldnt have a child suffer. .. Im gonna look into that.. :)
    Peke3024

Comment by Peke3024 (original poster) at 2:55 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I don't know if a doctor will just give you a prescription for clomid without actually treating you. When my doctor was going to put me on clomid there was a lot more involved then just taking the clomid. There were ultrasounds and injections. I will tell you this and I am not judging you for not having insurance, if you have a healthy pregnancy and everything goes fine no drugs no c-section and your baby is healthy it will probably cost you about $10,000 which is probably cheaper then paying for insurance. However, I just had a baby in March and I had to stay in the hospital for 12 days for preterm labor went home and my water broke at 30 weeks spent another 3 days before I went into labor, my baby was born 10 weeks premature and spent 3 1/2 weeks in the special care nursery. The insurance company paid out over $70,000 in claims for me and my baby. Without insurance it would have cost me over $100,000.
    slick05

Answer by slick05 at 10:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2011