Home birth info wanted!

This is only for those mid-wives or ladies who actually had a home birth. Please do not respond just for point perks.

What happens after delivery?

I would like details.

Mommy_Aiken

Asked by Mommy_Aiken at 5:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I know a *great* midwife who is always open to help. Go to her website. First 10 mins are free. http://www.babysips.com
    babylotus

Answer by babylotus at 5:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• thanks for the site but it is for nursing moms not home births
    Mommy_Aiken

Comment by Mommy_Aiken (original poster) at 5:29 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• After the birth the midwife does paperwork, cleans up any messes, starts a load of laundry, brings you a snack, waits for the placenta to come, does any suturing that needs done, does the newborn exam, and anything else you might require of her. Mine helped me take a shower too. Then they leave you to get aquainted with your new family. They check up on you within 24 hours either by phone or by coming over, give you instructions on after birth care, and they will continue to see you regularly until 6-8 weeks postpartum.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• After delivery, mom spends time holding and nursing her baby. MW watches from a short distance to evaluate baby and mom. The placenta comes out. The cord is cut at some point. The MWs clean up. Family spends time bonding. Mom gets cleaned up /changed at some point. We eat. I think that's about it.
    SlapItHigh

Answer by SlapItHigh at 11:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2011