So what would be my next step???

My husband & I have been TTC for 9 months now but the problem is Im not having a menstral cycle!! I have NOT had a period in 9 months, The doctors think Im going threw early menopause ( Im only 28) If thats the case & I am going threw menopause what would my options be for conceiving a baby??? Do I even have any options??? IVF maybe??? I go back to the Doc on Dec 18th & I will find out more then, but for now do any of you Ladies know whats in store for me???

KatyBug201806

Asked by KatyBug201806 at 1:23 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• So your doctor did all the necesary tests to see if your hormons were in balance and nothing else is wrong with you? Before telling you that?
    If it is the was he said.You can adopt or do IVF.
    Or get a dog.

Answer by louise2 at 1:30 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• i can't believe you just told her to get a dog!!
    But do you have any other kids?? I don't really know what to tell you besides asking your doctor about IVF if you want to have your OWN child.. otherwise obviously you know you could adopt... your best bet is just to be patient and talk to the dr on the 18 cause he's really the only person that can tell you your options.. also were you on birth control before trying? cause i know it can take up to a year before being able to conceive if you were on birth control
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:35 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I would try to talk to the doctor about putting you on chlomid....which is a fertility pill.....and nine days after the first day of taking it start using a ovulation test strip....then turn marvin gaye on and tell your hubby to do what the song says...."lets get it on"
    amandasthird

Answer by amandasthird at 2:23 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Although the first reply was very rude. I agree about the testing part. I dont have periods on my own either. I have PCOS or Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. Look it up and see if you have the same symptoms. They defintly need to do tests to be sure either way. Good luck
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 4:50 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• First, I'm sorry you are dealing with this. My OB also suggested I had premature ovarian failure (early menopause), and I nearly lost it. She refered me to an RE, who did additional tests and said no it wasn't that, but I did have thyroid issues that I had to deal with before we could move on. After I had the thyroid under control, I started a cycle of Clomid and repronex (low dose), and I had ZERO response. This time my RE says it might be premature ovarian failure, and if it was I'd probably have to do ivf with donor eggs or adopt. She ran more tests and still did not believe it was ovarian failure, so I tried a much higher dose of Repronex, which worked.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 1:06 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Since your original post said you were seeing your doctor on the 18th, I hope it went well. Good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 1:09 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I started my AF on Dec 15th & started my 1st round of Clomid on The 17th. Lets cross our fingers that this is it!! All I want for Christmas is to be pregnant!!!
    KatyBug201806

Answer by KatyBug201806 at 5:09 PM on Dec. 20, 2008