I cant figure out my ex husband help !!

My ex husband is having having a bit of bad luck and seems to be headed in the direction of depression. The engine on his first vehicle went bad a couple months ago now no one can figure out why his second car stopped working. So now he rides his bike to work in this 101 degree heat. I offered numerous times to help him out financially to get his car fixed or to at least take him to work so he wont be in the heat but he politely declines. We have been on great terms since we split and he knows that I never through what i have done for him in his face. His look even scream depressed but he wont open up to me because he say I have enough to worry about and he just needs to clear his head. So why wont he let me help him? Why wont he let me in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• You are divorceed. Admitting he 'needs' help from anyone is hard. Accepting from his EX is a double blow.. You can't force him to take your offer. Just let him know it stands and back off.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Because you are divorced. My ex thinks were best buds and Ill talk to him when he calls and put up with whatever hes saying, but honestly I would care less if he got lost in the woods and was eaten by wolves. So keep in mind just because you think you are on good terms doesnt always mean he thinks so. I know I am NOT alone in the way I feel and behave. Many people who have been divorced I know do the same thing I do.
    Let him do it on his own. You are a nicer person then me. He doesnt want your help.

Answer by gemgem at 5:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• GrnEyedGrandma said exactly what I was going to say. it's a double whammy and he has his pride. I'm sure it's hard watching him suffer in the heat, riding a bike to work...but, he's willing. He probably IS depressed but if he will not let you in.....then he has his own reason (whatever it might be). Let him know that you still care about him and what happens to him etc......maybe he'll just accept that you're still a "friend" atleast and open up. ?? Other than that , you can't keep asking. Maybe he's trying to prove to himself he can make it no matter what. You never know what's going on in someone else's head, really.....we thought a friend was having a rough time and was riding her bicycle to the grocery store etc....she said "no, I enjoy riding my bicycle and I've missed it..I'm being green". ??? You never know.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 8:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• He doesn't want your help hun. You can still try but he seems stubborn. Just let him know the offer stands.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 5:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Call your local mental health agency... they can help here.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• stubborn pride?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• He may be embarassed.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 5:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2011