does anyone have a child with a heart defect

I have a 14year old daughter who was born with aortic stenosis and she is having surgery next week to replace her valve and i was just wondering if anyone else has gone through something like this that may have some advice on what to expect afterwards

mom2stepmom3

Asked by mom2stepmom3 at 1:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Health

• my niece when she was i think 6 months old had to have open heart surgery she had a tumor on her heart i can tell you something to expect is she will probally be on life support it was hard on all of us just to make matters worse i was 7 months pregnant with my daughter when she had it but i was there the whole time no matter what just be by her side let her know you are there and pray for the best good luck and you and your daughter are in my prayers gob bless
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 1:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• check out www.savinglittlehearts.org they have wonderful support groups and info. =)
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 8:23 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Yes my son had open heart surgery this past May for AVSD. In his honor we started a support group in our area. It is a National organization. We were just the first to bring it to the West Coast.
    My son is doing great now but in the future will need another open heart surgery but that could be years away. :)
    pamelaJ

Answer by pamelaJ at 4:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2008