Would you say something ?

I have a co-worker who is selling her home... my husband and I are looking for a house to buy and a few months ago we actually went to look at her house -- but at the time we had no idea it was her house, and she just recently found out that we looked at it and now is constantly trying to tell me about how great the house is ( trying to sell it to me) , the half of the time she is complaining and trying to do a sob story of how no one will buy it.

Its annoying and i am almost to the point of telling her the reasonS NO ONE wants to buy it.

1. She has FILTHY, STAINED carpet EVERYWHERE, including the bathrooms and even the kitchen !

2. The half-fast painted it, it is easy to tell because there is paint everywhere ( including that filthy carpet) , you can even see where they just ran the paint brush right over the outlet covers and light switch...

3. It is DIRTY ... besides the carpet, everything else is dirty, there is little pieces of trash "hidding" everywhere... and when you have things stacked up like she does, it makes you realize the house has no extra storage...

4.... and of course she has it about $80,000 OVER priced...

now she is being very snobby - she always has been, and part of me just wants to let her have it.... the other part of me thinks I should just say something like " well if you want i can help you clean it up a little and maybe you will get some offers" ... but then , I realize that if i offer that, that would include me doing all the work and her sitting there watching me ( becuase that is how she is at work too )

what would you do ? it is hrd to ignore her because this is an everyday thing... but on the other hand if i piss her off, I still have to see her everyday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Let her know you have something else in mind ;)
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 5:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I would let her know that you are looking at cleaner houses that are priced correctly for the area.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 5:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I agree with the others tell her you need something bigger, you want something in a different school district...simply say it wasnt right for my family
    momand4kids

Answer by momand4kids at 5:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I would let her know im not interested. Tell her you found something else that's more convenient or has a better view. Or simply tell you you can't afford the asking price.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 5:29 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I agree with the others, tell her a reason why her home can't possibly work for you. We want a huge yard, we need 4 bedrooms, we want a finished basement, we need 12 bathrooms...whatever it is that she does not have. Then dismiss her complaints with some generic response like "I'm sure you'll get an offer soon" or "Have an open house", etc.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I would tell her that she needs to replace the carpet if she expects to get anywhere near what she is asking for her house. Sometimes a person just doesn't see "the forest for the trees".
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:32 PM on Jun. 22, 2011