Opinions on a name....

Just recently found out I am having a baby girl. I was hoping for a boy, therefore we kinda slacked on girls names. We like the name Haley Irene. I was just looking to get opinions on what people think of the name, and how popular the name really is. I like something a little bit more unique then all the "normal/popular" girl names. Irene is set in stone, I am using it because it was my grandmothers name who passed away in 2005. Also, if you have any other unique suggestions for a first name I would love to hear those as well!!

marissax

Asked by marissax at 5:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Baby Names

• I had a teacher whose last name was Haley. So I think of a last name. And it is very popular. But it isn't as bad as some I have heard.
    Anonymous

• I love names! my daughters name is Leilana Zemirah and my son is Triztan Alexander. just look for names with a good meaning tha helps.
    Penthesilea

Answer by Penthesilea at 5:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Hailey is prety popular name wise. Hmm other unique names?

Katrina
    Sabrina
    Katerina
    Eloise
    Daphne
    Lillian
    Hazel
    Clara
    Brenda

Answer by gemgem at 5:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• OMG. Triztan? What a way to ruin a beautiful name and to saddle your kid with craziness.
    Anonymous

• Some people go too far is trying to make some name unique when in reality (and I work at a school) the teachers will think the parents can't read or have spelling issues.
    Anonymous

• I like the name alot :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 5:41 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I actually like Haley Irene. I love your reason for the name Irene, family names are so beautiful. Haley is a popular name, but it's definitely not as popular as it has been the last few years.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 5:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I wasn't planning on doing anything crazy unique, I just didn't want something that every kid in the world has. Like, I didn't want a Jessica, Ashley, Samantha, Angela, etc. I personally don't know ANYONE with the name Haley. I am keeping it on the back burner, and looking around, but I really do like the name. I couldn't really find anything else that I did like.

And thank you poptart0325 =D.
    marissax

Comment by marissax (original poster) at 5:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Haley seems fairly common where I live. Both of my daughters have friends named Haley. I think it's a nice name.

I have a daughter named Keely, which is somewhat similar to Haley and much further down the list on popularity.

A few other names I've heard that don't seem super common (at least not where I live):
    Tenley
    Hadley
    Valley
    Marin
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I hate Valley? Why name ur kid that? Haley is somewhat popular but if the OP likes it thats what matters and Haley Irene has a nice flow..its not overly used.
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2011