I just found out I'M pregnant

My husband says "no no you can't be"
We have a 2.5 year old and I am an emotional mess. I truly think he doesn't want this baby?
What should I do?

TravisJohnsmama

Asked by TravisJohnsmama at 1:30 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• I'm not sure where you live, but a friend of mine in NJ was a SAHM, and didn't have any family or close friends nearby, but hired a "Mother's Helper." The Helper was a 13 year old girl who had experience helping HER mother with younger siblings, AND was CPR and basic first aid trained through the American Red Cross.

The deal? Watching the older child while my friend tended to her newborn (hubby traveled a lot on business), and doing LIGHT chores like folding laundry, putting groceries away, filling/emptying the dishwasher. The pay? Since she was young was only about $10 for an afternoon, and included her snacks/lunch or dinner.

Check out these links!
    http://childcare.about.com/od/inhomecareglossary/f/motherhelper.htm

AND (free helpers here!)
    http://helpformommy.com/user/index.php
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:48 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• It may just be shock....give it a little time.
    Anonymous

• I would be asking him what he means by "no no you can't be". Does he know something you don't,,,like he went and got vasectomy behind your back type thing.

Answer by louise2 at 1:36 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• He just sounds shocked to me, give him some time then try to talk to him about it and see what his reaction is then.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 1:38 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Yeah he might be in shock....But if he keeps up i would tell him to keep his dick in his pants cause you didnt do it on your own. I love it how guys think we are the only one responsible when we get pregnant unexpectedly.
    My SO did the same thing when i found out i was pregnant this time but we had a not even 2 yr old and a 4m old. He chilled over time but he still acts like she isnt coming sometimes.
    Anonymous

• If you had sex, then I guess you can be... and sounds like you're sure you are. He's likely just hoping you're wrong, but I would be wondering if he had a vasectomy behind your back or something (they are not 100% so although unlikely, you can be).
    Give him some time, he's prolly just hoping it's a false alarm.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:55 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• No he didnt have a vasectomy done. The thinkg is I am not in school and I dont have a job.
    He wants me to keep the house clean keep up with our son and make his meals and still go to school. Ontop of that he goes out of town every so often so I am alone with our son.
    How I am suppoesed to do all this with out his help.
    Get a job and quit everytime he goes out of town. I have noone to watch my son while I go to School. So um How am I supposed to do it all by my self
    TravisJohnsmama

Answer by TravisJohnsmama at 4:39 PM on Dec. 13, 2008