Just got my blood work results for my missing period

So my blood work came back and I'm not pregnant, my thyroids are okay, but they want me to come back next month and have more blood work done. They want to check my glucose, insulin and prolactin levels. My prolactin levels were high, so I have to fast and get that checked again. Apparently if the levels are still high they want to do an MRI to check for tumors on my pituitary gland... not so sure about this, trying not to worry but it obviously sounds scary. Now I have to think about this and worry about TTC #2.

No real question here, just wondering if anyone has ever been in this situation before?

kveltri

Asked by kveltri at 5:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Health

• Never been in this situation but don't trust doctors at all! Just be cautious and don't neccessarily believe everything they tell you.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 5:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Every pt my mother took with one of my sisters came back negative.....one of my friends had blood work done it came back she was not pregnant but she surely looks it! GOOD LUCK!!!
    momand4kids

Answer by momand4kids at 5:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Never been in this situation but praying all goes well. I would probably hold off on ttc. You may end up having to take medication thats not safe for pregnancy
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 5:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I haven't, but I did miss my period once for almost 4 months. They gave me hormone pills to start my period, and everything turned out totally fine. It was so weird to me that I'd miss my period for so long and nothing was really wrong, but it happens. Try not to worry, hon. Best of luck!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:38 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I missed periods all the time. From the time I was 15, I would have maybe three periods a year and it didn't become regular until I was about 45. I didn't really care...I mean, it was kind of nice to only have a few periods a year!
    I got married and eventually had three babes though and it was all good. I wouldn't worry about it unless you are trying to have a baby---that can get really nerve-wracking and suspenseful. Good luck!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:29 PM on Jun. 22, 2011