What is wrong with me?

My youngest son is 6 mos, and since a month before I had him I have no sex drive. After I had him I became very ill from a MRSA infection in my c-section incision (picked up from the hospital). I was hospitalized for 3 weeks, and then had to have treatment 3 times a week until my son was 4 months. I can finally say I am completely healed from this awful infection, and now that i can be intimate, I never feel like it. I love him dearly and couldnt ask for a better husband, and he is getting frusterated. I thought maybe it was hormones but it just keeps continuing, any body else experience this? When is it gonna stop? When we do make love it is great, so I know that is not the reason.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• Could it be depression from the infection and treatment as well as post-partum? Ask your doctor. If it is hormone imbalance perhaps it could be treated. I hope you feel better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 2:07 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• yeah, those postpartum hormones? they fluctuate up to ONE YEAR after the birth of a child. You also have a child that demands a lot of time and attention, probably still gets you up a night every once in a while-and you are adjusting to a new person in you household-there's no wonder you aren't in the mood. also, sometimes bf'ing can be a real mood killer-I'm not saying to stop if you are, but just keep that in mind. do some other things if you just don't feel like having sex...
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 2:25 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• After having my second child, I found it VERY hard to lose my pregnancy weight. After trying for 2 years, I talked my doctor about it. She ran a few blood tests and discovered that my thyroid was acting VERY sluggishly. She put me on a low mg dose of Synthroid, and within in weeks, I lost my pregnancy weight--and then some, and started feeling energetic and sexy again!

There is such a thing as post-partum hypothyroidism You might want to ask your doctor to check your thyroid level (simple blood test). Some of the signs of hypothyroidism are: dry, itchy, flaky skin and scalp, LOW sex drive, low energy levels, feeling "foggy," and having trouble losing weight or weight continuing to creep up--even though you are eating correctly and getting normal amounts of exercise daily.'
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2008