Has anyone ever had their hair bleached by the pool?

The top of my hair looks like it's been slightly bleached, it's definitely lighter. I have been at the pol just about every day for the past 3 weeks. On Monday, i did put lemon in my hair but i didn't think it did anything. The little girls I'm with told me Monday & Tuesday that my hair looked lighter, but i didn't notice it. WELL...i sure do notice it now!

Has this happened to anyone else? None of the girls hair are lighter...just mine....it looks like i dyed it!

Could it have been that lemon? Did it have a delayed reaction? Or could it be the pool???

samurai_chica

Asked by samurai_chica at 5:54 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• between the pool and the sun yes
    aliciareichle

Answer by aliciareichle at 3:37 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• The combo of Lemon Juice and Clorine turned my hair raging orange. Totally hideous, and I'll never do it again!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 6:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Lemon and sun will definitely lighten your hair. Chlorine will make it green if you are blonde. Sun alone will lighten your hair, too.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• lemon+chlorine+sunshine=bleaching

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Like you said, YOU didn't notice, but others did, so it has been that way for a couple of days like they said.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 6:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I used the lemon Monday though & just today my hair looks like this....could it have had a delayed reaction?
    samurai_chica

Comment by samurai_chica (original poster) at 6:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2011