OMGosh what is THIS?! Doc says not to worry but I have to know.... adult content

For the past 3 months my period has been coming later and later. It used to come between the 15-17. Like clockwork ever since having DD (19 months ago). This was the only time I can remember my period ever being regular.

Anyway about 3 months ago I stressed out because the 16th had rolled around and no period, the 17th came and still no aunt flo. It came on the 18th( I've been writing my dates down on a calender so I can know lol).

The month after another day later and the month after that on the 20th. This month I didn't get my period until today and I don't even think its a period.

I started cramping like no body's business early this morning. I mean extreme back pain and I wanted nothing more than to lay down. I figured I better get to the bathroom and put on a pad only to be shocked with:

Panties full of brown gunk!! WTHeck is all that?!?! I mean BROWN. No hint of red anywhere. Looks like sticky mud!! I called my doc and he says that it is probably old blood and it's nothing to be too worried about.

I have never seen my period that color until the very end of my cycle and even then there were still hints of RED. What is this?? I am still cramping so bad I want to cry. When I stand I am hunched over due to the back pain... I mean I feel like I've been doing squat thrusts with a couch on my shoulders. BACK PAIN!!

Here I am HOURS (9+) later and nothing more than a huge brown pool of WTFudge on my pad??

Anyone else ever have this issue?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Health

• Sounds like a rough period month. As you get older, your body changes...your periods change...things just CHANGE,lol.
    I really wouldnt worry too much about it.Dr. is right.
    Got get some tylenol or mydol for the back pain.
    Hang tight.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• And brown blood is just old blood. I have read that after having a child or two, that your uterus isn't shaped the same and blood can pool rather than be released from the body. Your doc is probably right that you have nothing to worry about.
    KolaT

Answer by KolaT at 6:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Honey are you sure that you arent pregnant????? This sounds like your having a miscarriage !!!! I had a miscarriage back in July last year and had EXTREME pain like you are talking about. Except mine was brown and red .....if you cant stand the pain you need to go to the ER and have them do an ultrasound !!!
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I took several pregnancy tests. As a matter of fact I took another one about an hour ago. As it stands there are 11 pregnancy tests in the trash now.

I remember my miscarriage and this doesn't feel like that did. If it gets worse you better believe I'll be going to the ER.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Yeah I agree, after you have kids and as you get older your period changes. The periods that you mentioned are the worst and makes you want to say just shoot me already. lol. Mine used to be predictible also. Now as I have gotten older (28) sometimes I skip a month or two before I get a period. You are not alone, its something we all just have to suck up and deal with as females unfortunately.
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 6:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• The only time I ever had that kind of pain, I had an ovarian cyst burst. But if you have no medical condition relating to cysts, Kimberlyinberea is pretty much right. It is probably just your body changing.
    KolaT

Answer by KolaT at 6:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Hmm well I know that when I purposly mess with my pills so my period comes when I want it to..my blood is always dark and brownish...not really any red...its because its old (so. I'm told).....the only other time I've heard something similar was a miscarriage but its really tissue like substance (I totally doubt its anything lk that)...I would ask my dr. Why its coming later n later since its causing bad cramps n weird blood
    canibalkittykat

Answer by canibalkittykat at 6:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I don't know how old you are and how many children you have and how you had them. It could be many different things. Talk to your doctor, or perhaps a different doctor if you are in that much pain and your current doctor does not seem to care.

wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 9:53 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Age and pregnancy affect periods. Brown is old blood, not to worry.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2011