I just found out I am pregnant and my boyfriend wants me to get an abortion...what should i do?

I am 25 years old and currently a mother of two. I have a boyfriend in which i have been with for less than a year. He had made it clear from the beginning he wasn't ready and did not want children right now. He is 30 years old with no children. I just found out I was pregnant and discussed the situation with him and he thought it would be best to have an abortion. I am 110% against the decision he has made and feel like I would regret it but he says he really loves me and I do not want to lose him. If I chose to go through with it then it will put a ? On our relationship and he will feel like I made a selfish decision and doesn't know if he could be a part of it.

Hoshee

Asked by Hoshee at 6:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It is totally up to YOU. If u dont want an abortion dont have it let him live with it
    emma133

Answer by emma133 at 6:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• He doesn't want children "right now?" Not everything in life is easy to schedule, children included.

Unless there's a ring on your finger, and your name beside his on the mortgage, make your own decisions about YOUR body and YOUR future children. If he doesn't agree with your decision about this pregnancy, perhaps you should reconsider having him in your life. It's far better to be alone than with a man who makes life-altering decisions FOR you.
    Anonymous

• It's your body, your baby, your decision. If he doesn't stick with you when you have the baby, he doesn't you love you or your children enough. If that's the case, you don't need to be with him. It'll be hard on your own, but it's better than doing something you don't agree with especially when it's another life you're talking about.
    Just my honest opinion.
    Tink05215

Answer by Tink05215 at 6:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I agree with Emma.
    marinebrats

Answer by marinebrats at 6:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I think he has every right to have an OPINION for you to have an abortion.

Saying that, it is 150% up to YOU. You are the one that will be pregnant, and will continue to be pregnant. He can voice an opinion, but he can't tell you what to do. It is your choice. You shouldn't be concerned about what he thinks and/or what he will do. If he really loved he would be supportive of your decision. Do what you want to do.

Good luck.
    marissax

Answer by marissax at 6:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Listen this is the exact same situation that my step mom went through when she was your age. She was with a guy who "loved" her so much, but wanted her to have an abortion...guess what??? He left her high and dry as soon as she got the abortion !!!
    Please dont kill an innocent baby because he isnt ready to have a baby, he is man enough to have sex with you unprotected and get you pregnant then he is man enough to have a baby. He needs to grow up. You cant just go kill a baby cause you dont want to have a baby. You just dont do that !! If i were you id tell him to (excuse my language) fuck off and tell him to leave.
    There are so many people out there that cant have babys and try and try for years and cant and then there are these women out there that will sleep with their husband,boyfriend,"fuck buddy" or what ever and get pregnant and then go and get an abortion.
    I promise you that if you do go through it.......
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 6:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• You will NEVER forgive yourself. You will wonder all the time what he or she would have been like...I had a miscarriage back in july and im still so sad about it...and that was gods doing and im still so sad.
    It would be different if you were raped or your baby had problems that would cause it to have a difficult life...i can understand that. But just to KILL a baby cause he isnt ready....to me that is childish, and he doesnt love you.
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Aww how sad <\3. ....its up to you...but what kinda person would dismiss their own child so easily...poor lil baby...he sounds selfish and I'm sorry your going threw this...I hope you make the right decission for yourself n ur family...o and I just have to say (cuz I'm rude lk that) if he's 30 yrs old n do not want kids he should have been more careful...and also not to be such a immature asshole..he's not in high school (even then those BOYS seem to man up more than ur bf )...uve done nothing wrong..and I think you will make the right choice..good luck
    canibalkittykat

Answer by canibalkittykat at 6:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• If you want to have the child, have the child. If he leaves, he leaves and he never loved you to begin with, not completely.

He sounds like an ass.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• If he pressures you to abort your child's life, he isn't right for you anyway. No man should say a woman's decision to keep a child. That decision is yours and yours alone.
    KolaT

Answer by KolaT at 6:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2011