When DH and I got married we didn't tell the auto insurance. So whats going to happen now that I got a speeding ticket in a car registered and insured under DH's name?

I was going 45 in a 35 business area today in Sunny Southern California when I got pulled over by a motorcycle cop. He said I was doing 48 (whatever!) I didn't argue actually I didn't say much at all I just gave him my info. So he gave me a ticket. Here's my question...

Is the insurance going to go up?

Can I take traffic school so they don't find out?

My friend said her insurance went down when they got married, is that true?

myownhappiness

Asked by myownhappiness at 6:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Travel

• nothing realy is going to happen other than the insureance is going to contact your hubby and ask why someone was driving his car...and your going to have to explain why you didnt tell them you where married.......(on a side note insurance for married people is less than single people)
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:06 AM on Jun. 26, 2011

• you get cheaper insurance for being married
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 6:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Your insurance rates would have gone down had you reported that you were married and moved your insurance to his policy. But since you didn't you'll have to deal with that mess. And no, you can't do traffic school so they won't find out. They took your insurance information when they gave you the ticket. It will be reported. Just go in and talk to them.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Good luck
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2011