How hard is it to train a 2 yr old boy?

My grandson is potty training. Durning the day, I babysitt him. We just started on Monday, today was his first time that he potty 0n the training toilet. As a reward, I gave him two marshmellows, we all cheer and clap our hands. Iwant for him to be able to tell me, when he needs to know. I don't know how to potty a boy. I have to girls, so I just sat him down and told him to hold it down. Am I doing it correctly?

peaches534

Asked by peaches534 at 6:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes, ma'am I taught mine to hold it down also. Although my hubby doesnt teach our 3 year old to toilet because our son loves to watch his "johnson" swing back and forth. If it makes them happy their dad lets them get away with anything. Im the bad guy. After enough practice he will associate the urge to potty with having to go. It took longer to train my boys than my daughter though. Good luck.
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• wow well boys could take till the years 2 and 3 years old with the fathers help he will learn quiker but with the mother it will take a while but he will learn soon enough good luck..
    synistermom

Answer by synistermom at 7:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Sounds like you are doing it right. It's not that much different than a girl except for you make sure they point their penis down. We did a similar reward with my son.... we used m&m's and later Jelly beans... 1 for trying and 2 for peeing.
    It did take a long time for him to actually TELL me he had to go... I just would bring him on a regular basis... it took about 2 months before he would actually initiate it on his own. He's been trained since he was 2 1/2..... he'll be 3 in a couple of weeks.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:08 PM on Jun. 23, 2011