Your go-to menu when having a party

We are having my son's 2nd birthday party and having 10-15 people over for dinner and cake on Saturday. What do you usually make when you have people over? I'd like something that can be completely done ahead of time so we can enjoy our day. Thanks for your input!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Hi :)
    It depends on the occassion of the party really. Our last party here was my sons 11th birthday party back in March.
    We had:
    hotdogs (i just had them boiled in a pot on the stove and left on low to keep warm)
    set out chili,cheese,onions,ketchup,mustard
    bbq pork sandwhiches (I let the pork cook on 250 in the oven over night and then in the morning I put in the crock pot with bq sauce so it cooked all day till party and was perfect)
    baked macaroni& cheese (I prepared this the night before and just put into the oven one hour before the party.
    pasta salad(also made the night before and refridgerated)
    chips/pretzals/dip
    cans of soda/water bottles/huggies juices all in coolers with ice

We had about 50 people here.
    Everything went very smooth..I was even able to take a shower before they got here, LOL
    I think it was the first party I ever had that I was that well prepared for.I definitley reccomend it LOL :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:45 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I'd use a crockpot- sloppy joes, cheesy potatoes, pasta salad, chips and dip.....
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I have also used skittles1108's menu, especially for kids. I like to do:
    lasagna, salad, and garlic bread
    chili, cornbread and salad,
    BBQ pork sandwiches (crockpot) potato salad, fruit salad, maybe ramen noodle salad,
    meatball sandwiches, salad and chips
    enchilada casserole, rice and beans, salad

ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2011