How do I get rid of fleas?

Has anyone else ever had this happen? We had fleas and got our house sprayed. They were gone for about a day and a half and now are back!

evamarie12984

Asked by evamarie12984 at 6:45 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Get some Borax (1 box will cover about 500 sq ft). Vacuum EVERYTHING really well. Sprinkle it liberally onto your carpets, then work it in with a broom. We did this a couple months ago, but didn't have enough Borax for our entire house, so now they're coming back. Also, get some kind of flea killer spray (not the flea bomb that requires you to be out of the house all day) and spray under beds and couches and "shadow" places like that.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• If you had it professionally done, I'd be calling them back!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I haven't had to try it, but I've heard that Borax works well.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 8:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• The guy that did it is a friend of our landlords (or i should say slumlord) and I called him to tell him it didnt work. Now he's saying the guy is on vacation and he wont use anyone else. He said we might have to wait a week till he gets back. A week! Anyone know a good lawyer that doesn't take money unless you win the case?
    evamarie12984

Comment by evamarie12984 (original poster) at 7:42 AM on Jun. 23, 2011