How do I cope through a divorce with a sociopath?

My husband bout a Harley, turned 40 and left with a 32 yr. old with 2 kids by different dads, living with her mother. He came back and wanted to work things out, then tree weeks later he is gone with another girl who is married with a child. I am just trying to survive and raise my kids in a Godly way. I am going to counselling and relying on my friends for lots of support. Just wanted to talk with other women that may be going through this.

ligingagain

Asked by ligingagain at 2:09 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• #1 he's not a sociopath, a sociopath is a person who feels no emotion at all and is often a very violent murderer. #2 get a lawyer, file divorce papers, collect child support and alimony and get on with your life.
    Anonymous

• You're doing it. Rely on the support of friends and family. What you are going through is really hard. Right now I am sure you are thinking "how can I do this" but you will go through every day one at a time and eventually you'll look back and realize that you've done it. It won't be easy but it sounds like you have a strong support system in place. Good luck, I'm sorry it's hard now. Things will get better.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• It sounds like a mid-life crisis (although I don't think 40 is midlife!) I think all you can do is look out for your children and yourself. They say the best revenge is living well, so, live well without him. And if he wants to come back, run!!

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 2:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I thought a lot of men go thru midlife around 40ish? Either way, he has done this to you twice now, so I think I'd have to put on my brave face push forward. Best revenge is to prove them wrong, to make it without them and make it look like it was easy to do (at least with your heart).
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 3:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I'm going threw what your going threw right now.My husband left me and our 4 kids for a month.Came back and said he wanted to work things out and is now with another home wrecker!I give up.I deserve to be happy and him playing head games was making me depressed.Anyways so my marriage is ending cause he can't keep his penis in his pants and he is very immature.Anyways if you want to talk add me as a friend.
    Danielle_Nicole

Answer by Danielle_Nicole at 4:00 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• He's not a sociopath...he's a dog! Sociopaths care only about themselves, and use emotional blackmail as an end to a means. A "dog" will use and abuse whoever to get what they want.

Solution, file divorce papers, collect any money you can, find a man WORTHY of you and your family.
    Anonymous