Would you ever say this to your kids?

It seems whenever i talk to my sister she tells me she can't stand her kids. It makes me really mad and she will say it right in front of them. seriously how can you feel this way about your kids. this is probally why we don't always get along the best,

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would never say that in front of my children, although I would never say it all anyways. I have told my children that I don't like the way they are acting "as in you are acting like a pain in the butt." I will usually then explain why I said this and what they are doing wrong. Over the years I have learned that this is not the best thing to say either and I try very hard to not say it anymore.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Since this lady is your sister, I say you punch her square in the nose.
    I would never say this to my ds in front of him, or behind his back.
    Yea, he gets on my nerves sometimes.. But all kids have their ways.
    How rude!
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 7:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• No. I would never say that to my kids. I might say that they are driving me nuts, but not that I can't stand them... that's just wrong.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 7:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I think I've told my kids that I couldn't stand their behavior at a given time, but not that I can't stand them.

I like danichaos' suggestion.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Some kids are so defiant and unruly that maybe she really does feel that way. Maybe offer to sit for her so she can have a day to herself to rejuvenate.
    Anonymous

• I agree with namaste17. I may say they are driving me up the wall and that I need a time out, but I would never say I can't stand my babies. <3
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 8:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Well the things is she doesn't live nearby and the 2 she is bitching about the most are 16 and 20, the 3 yr old not so much. Her kids do have anger towards her for a good reason, she lost custody of them because she drinks way too much. and when Christmas or thier birthday come she doesn't do anything for them. And i am close to both those kids, they have both told me that they wish i was thier Mom instead. It just breaks my heart because i would never say that to my kids. Sure the make me mad but thats normal.
    jenn4443

Comment by jenn4443 (original poster) at 8:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Never! Much less in front of them!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 8:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I can't believe she say that in front of them.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I would never say that to my kids. I love my kids so much.
    syida

Answer by syida at 8:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2011