How did you mom's get your tot's to stop picking their nose?

I babysit and i have a 4 yr old that picks her nose till no end and frankly im tired of seeing my future turn into a booger bar. help please?

HypoHeartBaby

Asked by HypoHeartBaby at 7:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Great question I can't get my 2 year to stop picking her nose.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Well rather than teaching she can't pick her nose at all. Teach her that at your house she may only pick her nose in the bathroom and when she is done wash her hands. If you see her starting to pick then calmly escort her to the bathroom and remind her to wash up when done.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I wont stop them, but will enforce them doing it with a toilet paper or a kleenex
    marinebrats

Answer by marinebrats at 8:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I'm not sure there is any remedy to stop it - we all need to empty our nose at times, but I think it must take for ever for good nose etiquette to absorb into the male of the species. Thank heaven for small mercies that they at least grow out of randomly wiping it on the nearest piece of fabric!
    ItsHalfFull

Answer by ItsHalfFull at 8:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Whenever you see her picking her nose say "eww, yuck" or quietly remove the finger from her nose. I do that with MY 4 year old daughter and it's slowly sinking in.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• "When I was younger my mom use to hang "booger paper" on the wall an old sheet that when my brother and i would pick our noses that wed rub them on that and if we didnt she would hook our index (picker fingers) together with tape and that actually stopped us but im trying to deal with my mini (the kid im babysitting) and this is 2011 id go to jail for that now :(
    HypoHeartBaby

Comment by HypoHeartBaby (original poster) at 8:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2011