Starting to get frustrated.....

Ok, this is part vent....

My sil had a baby about 5 weeks ago. It's her first. Ever since she had him, my in laws refuse to watch my kids, ( dh works all the time, litterally 7 days a week 11-9 everyday) so I needed a little help so I could mow, and take our 20lb pup to the vet) well, they told me they couldn't because they had to help their daughter. I understand every once in a while, but everyday? My in laws even spent the night... I kid you not, from 3-8 every night they are there, and on the weekends it's even more. That's fine, she needs help, but they are ignoring my kids. They complain they dont get to see them... I'm not keeping them from them. SO, finally, my question. For those who have had to go through a similar situation, what did you do? How did you confront the. About ignoring your kids, or do you just leave it a lone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• I haven't gone through that, but I think I'd leave it alone. It sounds like they're excited about the baby, and want to help out.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 8:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• The in-laws do not come around. They are very self centered. We ignore the assholes.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Did she have a C-Section? After 5 weeks, I'd think that she would have a handle on things. (even if it is her 1st) Hopefully things should settle down soon, then they can find a good balance on spending time w/ ALL their grandchildren! In the meantime, do you have friends, or other family to help you out? GL!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• She didn't have a c-section. And it really isn't about the help. The lawn could be a jungle, and the dogs annual check up could be put off for all I care. What upsets me, is when my son sees his grandparents at his aunts house, ( they are next door) but doesn't understand why he doesnt get to see them....I don't want my kids to feel like their grandparents like their new cousin better....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Sounds like Hubby, needs to speak-up ?
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• maybe because its their daughter who just had a baby. not to say your children arent' important but i think you have to let this go and let them have that with her and her new baby.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 2:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2011