Step kids

Why are SOME women so selfish?

They treat their step kids differently. Some on here will even come right out and say they don't deserve things or treat them like they aren't part of the family.

Then you have the women who are so hateful towards their ex, that his kids from a new relationship don't deserve anything because it will take away from their kids.

I've seen posts from everything, even to one saying well her dad is dead and now his other kid might get SSI, what can I do? Who cares, her dad is DEAD!!!

Women are so catty. These are kids. Kids who did nothing wrong but being born to the wrong woman. They deserve the entire world!!!!!! Stop being so catty, selfish, and childish!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree. It is usually a sign of insecurity to hate the ex for just being the ex and to resent children through no fault of their own. When my auntie divorced many year ago she eventually met someone new but her ex-dh didn't. He spent every Christmas and birthday with his daughters, my aunt and her new partner - acceptant and the key driver being the children. If you hate someone just cuz your ex used to love them, or are hateful towards a child then you're filling yourself with negativity.
    ItsHalfFull

Answer by ItsHalfFull at 8:35 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I have two step-chilgren that are my family. I dont understand why step-kids would be treated different. That just wrong.
    syida

Answer by syida at 8:35 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Yeah it bothers me too. They are kids.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:29 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I hear ya! But unfortunately it's nothing new. Look at all the fairy tales about the evil stepmother. Thankfully, it's not ALL women. But yes, it's sad to see.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• i love my stepkids, their mothers, mmm not so much lol... but your right, seems that women would care more about the kids in their lives and families than they really do...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 8:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Being a step kid who was treated AWESOME by my stepMom and her WHOLE family I can tell you it bugs the crap outta me too!! They are just kids for crying out loud!! They didn't choose this their parents did!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I see that too. Well, it's not fair to the kids at all and true, they didn't ask for the mess of a broken family and a cruel SM. I am a SM myself, (and a great one too). I treat my SS the way I want my DD's to be treated by their SM which is sweet and all needs met in a caring manner. I can't seem to get very close to Ethan. His BM has him poisoned , I think but....I still try. Atleast I know I've done my part to the best of my ability.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 8:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• AMEN sista!!
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 12:19 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I believe I made the comment about the ssi and it was because the woman was complaining about the WIFE having made the funeral arrangements and barely mentioning her... the pregnant fiance. She was acting like his children that were from his marriage didn't matter and his wife was nothing. She went as far at to complain that everything of his would go to the wife and children, that she wasn't even in his will. So, yes, I told her that if she's lucky and if she could prove that the deceased man was the child's father she may get social security for the child. She was so concerned with her own selfishness and didn't give a damn about the family that is already his that she needs a reality check. Catty, maybe but the OP from that post was a bitch.
    Anonymous

• I know it's not new... But it's so frustrating. I think it's so pathetic that, what, Idk, they are jealous?!?! I don't have a clue.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2011