im sick!

im 9 weeks and 1 day and everything is been great .. i went to the dr yesterday and i heard the heart beat of the baby and it was pretty normal. but i woke up this morning coughing really bad that is hearting my throat really bad and have runny nose, all my body is hurting. i just feel like i want to be in bed all day.. im so hungry but if i think in food i feel like i want to vomit and im nauseas .... what can i drink or can i do to calm everything down.. help me please thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Warm tea is always nice for colds/flus. As for nausea, raspberry leaf tea is supposed to be great, or you can eat some crackers to settle your stomach.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 2:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Eat whatever will go down. Plain foods without strong flavors like white rice or crackers are best for nausea but chicken soup has a lot of nutrients in it. Chamomile tea might help with the nausea. Gatorade has lots of calories if you are not able to eat maybe you can drink some of that just to give your body something to run off of. You can take Tylenol for any aches or pains to help with your discomfort. Just watch out for fever, you are not supposed to let your body temp get too high especially when you are so early in your pregnancy. I hope you feel better!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:27 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Call your doc about meds, but I had a nasty cold my 13th week, and I took Sudafed and Tylenol. You can also take Robitussin. Check with your doc before taking anything.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:49 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• crackers will settle your stomach. And you can use any kind of Tylenol brand medicine. Do not take Sudafed!!!!! I have heard so many doctors say to not take that! And you can use any kind of cough drops or throat lozenge for your cough & sore throat.
    SLG627

Answer by SLG627 at 5:25 AM on Dec. 14, 2008