1st pregnancy and scared.

I just found out I'm 3 weeks pregnant. The hospital confirmed it. I have been feeling light cramps in my abdoman they feel almost like gas pains. Is this normal? I've also been getting discharge. Its white. Is this normal as well?

alisa175

Asked by alisa175 at 8:35 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Make an appointment with your OB hun. So far sounds pretty normal. Get yourself some pregnancy books :) Congrats!!
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I had that as well.. I would say yes.. the discharge...not sure I know mine was a clearish color.
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 8:38 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• If it feels like gas pain it probably is gas pain. I was worried at the beginning of this pregnancy because I was having gas like pains that I did not have with my daughter. I took some gas reliever and poof....pain gone, turns out this baby just makes me very gassy. Yes you will have more discharge than before pregnancy, gross, but true. I would invest in panty liners....that is what I did when I was pregnant the last time and I will do it this pregnancy too.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:38 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Okay thank you! I'm just scared because its my first pregnancy. My husband and I tried for over a year and just found out. He is leaving for a year to go over seas and I want this baby to be healthy so he has a beautiful child to come home to!
    alisa175

Comment by alisa175 (original poster) at 8:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Congrats, and I am sorry he will be gone for a year, I hope you live close to family! It can be very hard, my husband was deployed for most of my last pregnancy. Good luck!!!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:52 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Sounds normal more than likely u didnt implant that long ago..and implantation can cause pain for a few weeks by what i hear. I still have whitish discharge at 29weeks. Congrats on gettin prggers.....and for ur first..take loads of pics of that belly so he sees the growth!!!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 11:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2011