Do you think there is any harm to the body if you worked a 12 hour shift and want to go walking/jogging?

My dh and I walk/jog early in the morning but since he is working nights this week he suggested after he gets off his shift instead of coming home and sleep he wants to go do our regular routine THEN shower and go to sleep until his shift starts again. I told him that's fine if he is up to it.
but ladies what do you think?
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Health

• I can't imagine that it would be harmful. If he hurts a lot the next day or so, or if he feels unusually tired and needs a lot of extra sleep, then it might be too much.

Answer by Bmat at 8:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I don't do it.. I am way to tired after my shifts but several of my nursing friends do it before or after work.. It works for them :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My husband does that, he works 12+ hours then goes to the gym, then comes home.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 8:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Exercise give you energy!  I would say exercise before work not after, your energy level will be up and it will be tough to fall asleep right away.  Starting your day with a light jog or power walk will give you more energy through the day.  Make sure you are active if you get a break at work, take a 10-15 min walk if you can or do swats if you can't do anything more than stand for a break. 

wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 9:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Not at all..my hubby works 12-14 hours every day and then hits the gym for boxing and some pretty intense work outs..
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 9:35 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• No it wouldn't. It would probably be a great way to destress after a long day. Exercise is rarely bad.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2011