Custody issues

my daughter's dad & i came to an agreement during mediation for me to have her mon-fri afternoon & for him to pick her up fri 6 pm to sun 8 pm but he says he hates seeing me happy so he says that he dosen't care that he has to pick her up at 6 pm he says he will show up at 6:30, or 7:00, 7:30 etc just to ruin my plans, he even did say if he wants to go out to party for the weekend he is just not going to come, & he was the one who asked for this custody part. what is my next move ? my next LEGAL/REASONABLE move ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• It is filed in court he has to take her no matter what!! It shouldnt matter what you are doing he should be worried about spending time with his daughter. You may want to call the court because you could take them away from him if he keeps showing up late just to be a jerk!!
    ljmommy1211

Answer by ljmommy1211 at 8:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• get it in writing. a text is the easiest way. what i have made point to do is bate my ex. ask him why he said that he may just go out and party instead of picking up the kids. ask if he plans to be on time to pick her up. stuff like this so he lets his intentions be known. save these texts and when you have evidence of his unwillingess to coroperate then go to a lawyer and see what you can do with the evidence.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 9:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My ex did the same thing. He would show up an hour late to ruin my plans. I took him back to court and they put a stipulation in the custody order that he had a 15 minute time frame to get the kids. He could be 15 minutes early or 15 minutes late. If he was more than that, he would lose his visitation. He didn't care. If he had something to do, he just didn't show up. The court wouldn't do anything about it until he didn't show up once in a three month period... Then they suspended his visitation and it has been suspended for almost a year now.
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 9:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• In your papers you should have a time frame of when he is aloud to pick her up. Example... he has to pick her up at 6pm. Give a half hour window and if he doesn't show he doesn't get her. Keep a journal. If it happens enough times you can go get custody altered.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Check with your lawyer. Not sure but I will say this seems like a difficult arrangement. It might be easier and better for all of you involved if you could work something out like every other week. or every other month.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My x did the same stuff. So I wouldnt even get the kids ready or tell them he was coming cause I never knew if he really was. Or If I had things to do - instead of sitting and waiting - if he didnt show in like 20 minutes I would just leave. Judges arent stupid. They see this kinda stuff all the time and are able to see who is the problem. Just document stuff and go about your buisness.
    cluemein

Answer by cluemein at 11:29 PM on Jun. 22, 2011