Stabbing pain in my lower back, eight months!

I am 32-34 weeks preggo and am changed 2cm, and efacing. However all day today I have been having extreme low back pain ((feels like back labor)) and feel like she is litterally one with my bladder, and cervix. The pains stops me in my tracks, and her movments make me scream. I remember the back pain fro 17 months ago, and it made me cry and I got an epi. I am contracting at times, but maybe she is facing the wrong way. I don't know. Does anyone have some good advice for me? Just wondering if this means impending labor or more preggo uncomforts....

Unbroken_Amanda

Asked by Unbroken_Amanda at 2:30 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i would definately call L&D and see what they say..you dont have to have frontal contractions to have back labor. good luck
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:24 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Im in the same boat is you,litterally, ha. Breech baby, dilating, i'm not effacing though.
    my back has hurt for the lkast two weeks, I just use a heating pad.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 2:33 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• the only time i had lower back pain was when it was time to push.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 2:36 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Does the pain come and go?? If the do... I would start timing them... I had back labor with my son...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:38 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I'm sorry but 32-34 weeks do you not know?

And I am 35 weeks and have been having back pain and vaginal pressure for about 2weeks now and they say it is normal.
    Anonymous

• her due date may have changed, so she just said shes' between thos.e
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Yes they tenatively moved my EDD, but are treating me like I am 32. The pain comes and goes, and does not change with activity or inactivity. I know the pressure is normal, I just don't remember the back pain being like this while still preggo and not in labor so to speak. I am going to time them as theya re seeming kind of consistant like every 10 min or so. But I am not having many "frontal contractions", that I can feel. I have three other children so I can be pretty busy..I try to sit as much as I can..
    Unbroken_Amanda

Answer by Unbroken_Amanda at 2:48 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• could be braxton hicks. Even though people say they're not painful my OB said they can be, as long as your stomach isn't tightening and such. I'd say time them, and call your OB and let him know too, to see if he wants you to do anything else.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 2:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I would call. Oh and time them it could be contractions but it could be the baby trying to flip, if that is the case they may suggest a pregnancy support girdle.

kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 3:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I have an appointment tues...They don't want to see me till then. He missed a UTI that clearly started all this at 28 weeks...So since weds I have been on meds to clear it up. I lost my plug or rather a large part of it this morning. The pains are still coming and going every 5-7 min, some are stabbbing like someone put a knife in my lower spine. I think that labor is eminent, and if things don't get better I will be back at L and D sooner than my doc wants. I tried to get a diff doc, but was unable to at the last trimester. Grr I hope someone else is around for delivery, or I will go to a diff hospital.
    Unbroken_Amanda

Answer by Unbroken_Amanda at 2:11 PM on Dec. 14, 2008