I just found out I'm 4 weeks pregnant and I have a fibroid thats about 4cm is it likely to cause problems with the pregnancy?

dortiz004

Asked by dortiz004 at 8:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Mention it to your dr if they don't already know about it, they will keep an eye on it, and do lots of ultrasounds to measure it and stuff. Gook Luck and Congrats
    djh0505

Answer by djh0505 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I didn't know I had fibroids until my first US. The caused me lots of pain during the pregnancy and I had to go for monthly US for various reasons, but one was to make sure that they weren't harming the baby in any way. The good news is that they didn't harm his development and everything was fine.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• u might want to ask ur doc. my cousin had a mc when she was 12 weeks along, and she had 3 fibroids
    cataquiroz24

Answer by cataquiroz24 at 11:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• if the doctor sees this he will warn u. U run a higher risk of M/c's but i do know some woment who have gone thru pregnancy with just period pains durring and have happy healthy babies. Call ur doctor tell them u are concerned.
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 11:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2011