What do you think when you see young families....?

For instance, I will be 20, my hubby is 24. Our son is 19mos. Or even a young family you know.
so visually, with out knowing them and what they do, what do you think? if anything?

We often get older couples congratualting us on doing a great job, lol sometimes I think to myself? Do I need recognition for being a parent? lol But its still nice?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 8:54 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't really think anything, seeing as some 20 yr. olds look 30 and some 30 yr. olds look 20 you never really know who a young couple are. They are just another family IMO. We were young, I was 20 my husband 21 when our son was born and I don't ever remember getting compliments or adverse comments.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 8:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Well I never really thought about it, but now that I have I do give a quaint smile when I see a young couple with kids out as a family. I know the statistics were wrong for them and I know during this outing that child or children are getting that time with their parents which is so important for their development.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Me and my husband are a young couple ourselves. I just turned 21 and he will be 23 next month. We have one son about to turn 2 in September, and another little boy due in September(same day as our first's birthday :) ). We get a lot of strange looks. We live in the "bible belt" and most people just judge us as a young, naive couple who's not married and needs to stop having "premarital sex"...and yes, this is what people have assumed and told me.
    When I see a young couple, I don't really judge them. I sometimes wonder if their married or just together(not that it matters), but that's about the only thought that crosses my mind. I also think it's nice to see both parents still together when they're young. Too often young couples have children and split shortly after.
    peekaboo90

Answer by peekaboo90 at 9:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I never get any of that and we're about the same age. I thought it was pretty standard to have kids in your 20's.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 9:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I can't say I pay attention! Lmao I'm too busy trying to deal with my kids!! They are a rowdy bunch!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My husband and I get looked at weird give it we arent so young anymore but we are 25 and 26 and we have 3 kids that are 5,2, and 8months. And older couples just look at us like when they are fighting in the store and I will get told to enjoy this because some day they will want nothing to do with eachother......And to enjoy every min as they are young cuz they grow fast
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 9:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I think that it's nice, with so many young people nowadays having kids it's refreshing to see a happy young family. My husband and I are a young family too, I am 23 he is 24 and our kids are 4 years old and 4 months old and sometimes we get people telling us those things too. It feels great.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 9:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I got some awful looks when I had my first and I was 23 at the time. People assumed that we weren't married/ hadn't gone to college/ were financially unstable just because we were younger. BTW we were married, both of us had 4 year degrees, and my husband had an awesome job.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 9:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I am happy to see any family together, no matter what their age is. I know a lot of people that never do anything together as a family and to me THAT is sad, I don't care what their age is.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• at first when I got pregnant of my oldest I got the dirtiest looks man kind ever made. Even more when i had her.
    marinebrats

Answer by marinebrats at 9:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2011