Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Induced with first, natural 2nd time around?

I had to be induced with my first son because I was dilating without showing any signs of going into labor, and living 1.5 hours from the hospital my doctor didn't want to risk me having my baby on the side of the road.
I wouldn't mind if I had to be induced this time around, but I really want to go naturally. I just don't know what the likelihood of that will be. I know every pregnancy is different, but I just don't know about my body acting any different this time.


Asked by peekaboo90 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

Level 13 (989 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • I had three babies naturally (2 premmature) then carried the forth to 43 weeks. They really are all different, so the fact you had to be induced for baby nubmer 1 really doesn't say anything about how it might be for this one. Perhaps your body has "learned" something from the experience of the birth of your baby first time and will do the right thing this time. Good luck!

    Answer by judimary at 9:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

  • Well good luck to you, I hope you are able to do it naturally. From my own experiences having my kids naturally was the best decision.

    Answer by GomezMami2908 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

  • I HIGHLY suggest hiring a doula, she can help you become more educated on natural childbirth and help you to get what you want out of your birth experience!

    Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

  • No two pregnancies/labors are The Same.
    You should expect things to go differently, somewhere-somehow.
    No need to think your body "won't" do whatever it's supposed to.

    If you prefer to avoid unnecessary risks you'll want to avoid induction.
    But if you feel convenience is more important then this might be an option for you.

    Who we hire can be our biggest risk factor.
    And choosing to have vaginal exams can be the biggest unnecessary risk many women will take.
    I encourage you to avoid unnecessary risks for health and safety~~

    Best wishes!


    Answer by doulala at 9:54 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

  • I wanted to go naturally with both, but had to be induced after my due date w/both b/c after too long the amniotic fluid starts to dry up. My doctor said she's seen a patten of women that usually have to be induced with the first, have to always be induced...but again that's not always true with every woman. GL

    Answer by ABPeterson at 10:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

  • I just say goodluck. My first was born via csection...cause i never dialated or effaced or nething. This time i am 29weeks and already showing softning of my cervix....!
    Each pregnancy is diff. talk to your doctor...or midwife about this concern!!

    Answer by msmamakatie at 11:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2011