Idk why he hates me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think my son hates me idk why. i'm never mean to him.i never yell or curse at him.but my dh is always yelling and curseing when he does i always grab our son take him into his room let him play. go to the other room and kinda yell at my dh in a happy way so our son wont since how mad i am and get upset but he's all the time wantin daddy.daddy never wants to spend time with him.he's around me 24/7 but always screams sometimes when i'm around what am i doing thats so bad for him to be like this.or has anyone gone threw with this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Honestly, it's probably because you are around him 24/7. My 6 month old is the same way, by the end of the day he is sick and tired of me. He will be screaming and screaming till daddy gets him then he is fine for a bit. He is probably just wanting attention from others. He knows he can get it from you. Don't take it to heart dear. He is just learning how to react to everything around him. Other people teach him different things. I'm sure he loves you with all his heart. =]
    kimandeverrett

Answer by kimandeverrett at 9:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• First he doesn't hate you, he loves you. Toddlers go through stages where they favor one parent over the other especially when one is away/unavailable during the day. He spends all day with you so he is probably more drawn to your DH, but when he tries to show your DH that he wants his attention your DH is short with him this is probably upsetting to your son and he is expressing his anger to/at you because you are receptive. You need to talk to your DH about calming down around your son and spending some quality time with him and you should see your son's behavior improve.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My dd loved daddy in her early toddler years, but then I started taking her bye bye more lol to buy ice-cream and shopping. She'd get a small something clothes, toy or gum lol and now she rather go places with me then with daddy. He leaves and she waves bye. She rather stay home with me too. I started playing toddler games such as match games and memory games, I found these at the Ross Store.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 9:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I meant she seemed to love daddy more at the early toddler years..
    JCRestoredme

• im not used to this.kids has always loved me.and i thought it was me all this time.im a lil happy now.thanx
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:29 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• yup this is normal its someone pretty much NEW.....good luck stick it out mama its a phase!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 10:32 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I am a SAHM and my situation is exactly opposite. She wants nothing to do with her father most of the time. It really hurts his feelings. But if you ask her if she loves her Papa.........Ohhhh I Looove my Papa! She's used to me since I am the one who does everything for her, but she does love her Papa even if she gives him a hard time. The same with her grandparents, she wants nothing to do with her grandfather...everything is grandma!!! I know it's hard, but he loves loves loves you.....he just hasn't had to be without you.....let that happen and he'll be a very unhappy boy!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:41 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I know the feelings! I am a SAHM, my 16 months old DD gets so excited to see her daddy when he gets home from work. She loves to play with him but at the end, she always want to cuddle, and do everything with me but then there are some times where she doesn't want do anything with me and I'm okay with that because that even gives me a break and its a good time for her to have bond time with her daddy. :))

breezymommie

Answer by breezymommie at 11:34 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Yes, it's a phase, hang in there mama!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2011