Is Nursing School Hard??

Is nursing school hard? I am 35 years old and wanting to go back to school and thinking of RN or LPN nursing.

alisha34886

Asked by alisha34886 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yes it is. It is also a very stressful job one way or another.. Jobs are tight right now so keep that in mind when thinking this through. RN will give you more options, in my area LPN's are not hired in the hospitals. I started nursing school with 64, only 28 of us graduated.. That just gives you an idea of the workload and course difficulty. However, if nursing is your passion;you will find a way to make it happen..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Yes, if it were easy, u wouldn't get paid much. My husband was a nurse for many years.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• My husband is in it right now and it's a lot of studying and stress. But at the end of the road he'll have a career and be paid well. After he goes through I'm going to go through as well. Everything's hard! lol
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 9:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Nursing school was many years ago for me but I was already married and I enteres when my youngest went to school fulltime. It was hard to go to school fulltime, take care of a family and work part time. I found a tremendous study partner the 3rd week of school. We have been dear friends for 20 yrs now. You have to really want it. It helps if you want it for the right reasons.. I hear a lot of young people say now "I'm going into nursing for the money" Seriously? There is good money to be made, There is also short staffing. High patient nurse ratio. You have to want it badly. If you do, throw your entire heart into it and go for it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:27 PM on Jun. 22, 2011