Alone, sad and Depressed after giving birth 6 days ago .

Had an emergency c section and got home on Sunday! DH was fabulous through out the hospital stay and even when we got home. I fell in love with him all over again. While I slept, he stayed up with the baby and took care of our children, cooked, cleaned and was here for me.
This morning he had to go to work for 3 hours max and come right home! Mind you, work is 2 hours away. I told him I can manage as long as he's home by 1-3pm. I know he's had this meeting fora week now but he said he's going to get out of it. He calls me at 3:30 and is like babe, my boss wants me to stay and I think I should because it's going to look real bad if I leave but, if you need me, I will come right home. I started heating up and started a fight with him and started to cry like crazy! We got into a huge fight and I told him not to come home. With him putting me in the middle like that is not fair! Do you need me or do I go to my meeting?
I have no family or friends here. I'm all alone! I just had major surgery and can hardly take care of myself let alone take care of my 5 week early baby.
I'm feeling horrible! Very blue and can't stop the tears from coming down. I feel so alone. I feel as if I'm going to lose my mind. Was I at fault? Am I going nuts? Help! :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Sweetie, you should call someone, anyone (even me if you need). That could be postpartum depression. I had it for about three months and it nearly destroyed me. You are not going nuts but you should deffinetely talk to someone. Message me if you'd like.
    kimandeverrett

Answer by kimandeverrett at 9:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• i feel like you shldnt hve started a fiqht with him because you have to understand he still has to work , but i understand where you coming from because you just had a baby . I think you should talk to him because at this moment you both need each other .
    Lady.S

Answer by Lady.S at 9:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Your not going nuts. as it is your still whirling with hormones. i cried constantly after my 1st baby was born, also by c-section. it will be ok but just as in your pregnancy you have to remind yourself that you may be overreacting. i dont know your husband but it sounds like he was honestly wanting to know if you were ok or if you needed him, while still keeping his job. my ex wouldnt have even thought about asking if i needed him, he woulda just said "i'm staying at work" or "i'm goin out with friends." everything will be ok & get better, but you will need to be able to take care of you baby by yourself while your mans at work cause i'm sure you like everyone else and need the income. just take it one moment at a time and dont worry about doint the little things. just worry about feeding, & changin the diaper. and dont stay imobile because moving is whats going to help you body heal, just dont overdo it. you can do this
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 9:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Did the hospital give you the number of any home help nurses in the area because they can help you while DH is at work? You are emotional due to the changing hormones, but if you needed your husband you should have just told him and not gotten angry. I don't know your financial/his work situation, but I am sure he was just trying to help with income by staying at work and didn't mean to make you feel horrible. If you are feeling depressed talk to your OB/GYN and he can get you in touch with some support groups or evaluate if you need to talk to a professional.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• It has only been SIX DAYS since your life and body went through a huge change. Your hormones are doing this to you, and it is normal. Don't beat yourself up. My husband didn't get the hormone thing AT ALL, and we fought a lot because of it too. I could have written your post myself last year at this time. Trust me, your hormones will most likely calm down some and you will feel better. If you find yourself thinking crazy thoughts, or if after a while it is still making life extremely hard for you, tell your doctor ASAP. These feelings can easily turn into postpartum depression which often needs treatment. But, honestly, be kind to yourself. Relax and enjoy your baby because you know they grow so fast, and let hubby know that you need his understanding and patience.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 9:37 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I know rough careing for a new baby. I know your husband was at work and you felt lost but hang in there. It will take awhile till things get into a routine but till that happens it will be rough. But trust me it will get easier. Having a baby messes with your body but your not alone. If really blue you should see your doctor about things. And do not blame yourself since not your fault and I am sure your husband understands that. Take it one hour and one day at a time and will pull through just fine.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 9:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• you need to call your dr and tell them what is happening..if you cant call make your dh call for you..if you cant call drive to the hospital...please dont wait these sound like the early signs of ppd..i had it and if i hadnt gotten help im not sure me or my baby would be here today..and no im not nuts or crazy something about my baby being early and a c section done something to me and i felt like nobody understood..i got help and i feel so much better
    Anonymous

• YES !!!!!!

Please, call your Doctor.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 12:00 AM on Jun. 23, 2011