How do you make chicken salad??

I have left over cold chicken.
But what do I need to make a salad.
mayo?
???

styhmMommy

Asked by styhmMommy at 9:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I have no clue but I have always wanted to learn how to make it.. hehe so I am posting to see what others say..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:32 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• drained pickle relish or diced pickles, a little garlic, chili, and onion powder and a dash of mustard and pepper. It is awesome. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:32 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• If you like you can get fancy and add grapes, apple chunks or walnuts. I sometimes also add a touch of sweet spicy pickle juice as well.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Never heard that recipe. I have seen some make it with mayo and lettuce and I dont knw what else but your recipe sounds good. Too bad I am out of groceries and I only have the mustard and pepper
    styhmMommy

Comment by styhmMommy (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Le, you don't put mayo in yours??
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:35 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• There are MANY chicken salad recipes! Here's my favorite of all:
    Cooked, cut-up chicken meat, deboned
    chopped celery (raw)
    Grapes, halved. I prefer purple, but any grape is fine
    nuts, chopped. Try almonds.
    a little mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, pepper to taste
    Mix it all together, chill and enjoy! You might serve it over a bed of lettuce, or spread on crusty rolls for sandwich filling. Some people add pineapple instead of grapes. Lots of people use walnuts or pecans. Almonds are healthier. You don't have to use the mayo at all, if you are cutting calories.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 10:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• you can really make it any way that you want,,,, i use left over chicken breast with mayo and a little mustard with diced onions and celery and chives with a little salt and pepper so yummy!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 8:56 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I know you are out of groceries but for next time definitely try this, it is freaking AWESOME and I'm not even a huge chicken salad fan...http://allrecipes.com/recipe/holiday-chicken-salad/detail.aspx 

If you don't have much just add some mayo, s&p, celery and onion, maybe some paprika.  That's pretty a pretty basic recipe.

gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Chopped chicken, hard boiled eggs, celery, red onion, red bell pepper, non fat yogurt, tablespoon of low fat mayo, dijon mustard, pepper, salt.

chaiteamomma

Answer by chaiteamomma at 12:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2011