My neice?

I am watching my 3 neices this summer 13, 11, and 7. then I have my 3 that are 5,2 and 8 months. They are all great kids, my only problem is with the 11 year old she has redently been told she has ADHD and now she thinks it is a problem and I tell her its not cuz I had it when I was her age. She feels so left out from her mother, my SIL who is a single mother. Her sister that is 13 is just home for the summer she lives with her dad, the 11 year old talks about hurting the 7 year old cuz she ALWAYS gets what she wants and is ALWAYS getting all the attion from their mom. I try to help she wants to do so much but her mom always tells her no. How do I help her with out the other kids feeling like I am just doing something for her. I feel so bad for her, her mom acts like she is a problem child she has put her in counceling to get over wanting to hurt her little sister, but I do not see that helping. She has even began to not care about school! we have tried to talk to my SIL about ways to help her but nothing we seem to say she wants to do. sometimes it seems to be too much for the mother. but I want to help the 11 year old feel special!! but HOW?

SkylaReneeMom

Asked by SkylaReneeMom at 9:29 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• You need to get her help, now. Please don't let your SIL wait. My SD had problems similar to your situation and she turned very violent, long story short she is now 17 and was committed last night after a near successful attempt at suicide. The counseling will not help unless they can get to the bottom of her issues.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 22, 2011