How many times is too many times?

I know its normal to wake up in during the night to use the restroom but is 3-7 times a night normal? My mother said i could possibly have gestational diabetes. Is this true? i called the doctor but the nurse hasnt called back. Any info is helpful. thanks ladies.

BABmama08

Asked by BABmama08 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yea I think your mom might be right. I only get up once or twice..
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 9:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• thanks danichaos
    BABmama08

Comment by BABmama08 (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Hi,

How far long are you? When I got into my third trimester, I got up probably 5-7 times to pee too. I mean everything is pushing on your bladder.

Did you get up frequently to use the bathroom when you weren't pregnant? I always pee throughout the night, so when I was pregnant and it got worse, I wasn't too concerned.

Make sure you talk to the doctor, so they can do the diabetes test. I am assuming you haven't had it done yet. I want to say that was around 25 weeks, but I could be totally off!
    masonsmom116

Answer by masonsmom116 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• maybe nothing. I was tested a month ago I am 33 weeks. I normally wake about 2-3 times a night, but 2 weeks straight I was waking up every 2 hours on the dot to pee I think it was more as I couldn't stay asleep so when I woke up I had to pee. I don't have gestational diabeties.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• No i havent been tested yet.
    I'm 15 weeks and 4 days.
    No i never got up to pee before i was pregnant.
    Its not every night. Last night i didnt get up at all but yesterday it was 3 times and the day before like 5=7 times. (i lost count)
    BABmama08

Comment by BABmama08 (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• mommy5409 you might be right. it is so hard for me to fall asleep and stay asleep.
    BABmama08

Comment by BABmama08 (original poster) at 10:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Sounds quite normal. Some ladies wake up every hour or. so
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• also could be a bladder infection i would get checked but at same time may be normal
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• It could be nehting...but durring pregnancy we are more pron to Urinary Tract Infections. Ask the doctor to test u because it is importnant to be treated for this. good luck hun!!

(((29weeks i pee about 3-4times a night)))))
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 10:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• i AM 29 WEEKS I GET UP ABOUT 6 TIMES A NIGHT
    vgaines

Answer by vgaines at 12:33 AM on Jun. 23, 2011