Neat Freaks

For those neat freaks who always has a spotless house and has a list a mile long that you do every day cleaning, scrubbing, washing, etc., etc., etc. to keep your house like that....

....when do you ever spend time with your kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Neat freaks usually maintain instead of letting things go then cleaning.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 9:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I have kind of wondered the same thing. I have friends that are always talking about how much they do on a daily basis in cleaning their house and they have younger children (6 and under). I have one child and find it nearly impossible to keep her active and happy and actually spend quality time with her and keep my house clean, let alone attempt to do even half the daily chore lists these others have.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I am a neat freak with 2 rooms. They are my bathroom and kicthen. They do not take hours. lol
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Because I keep up with it. I don't let it get messy so that it doesn't take hours later. Then when the kids go to sleep I do a good scurb down which only takes about an hour.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• As the first person said it is more of a maintaining thing. I clean constantly throughout the day. The kids are involved with some of it. Never to early to learn. I also do a lot after they go to bed. We still have time to play, do crafts, bake and do other things throughput the day. My girls know that certain things have to be done first.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I'm a neat freak and I get up at 5:00am most everyday except Sunday ( I love quiet mornings ). I have most of my daily chores done before anyone is even up and then I'm free the rest of the day to do other stuff, that' s how it always worked for me and still does. Always will.
    Like BeachyBabe says ..neat freaks maintain...it's true. Keep it up, it's so much easier to maintain it all in an orderly fashion.
    I don't stay up real late usually unless I'm waiting on DH to call or something. Like now. I take Melatonin to help with sleep and when I wake at 5am, I'm refreshed and ready to roll after 1 cup java.
    Routine, routine for everyone helps alot.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 11:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I wanted to add....the one thing that did NOT work for me at all, ever was....following my kids "willy-nilly" style. You know, kids eating when they want, napping or not napping when they want etc. That drove me nuts bcz nothing was ever getting done really. Helter-skelter living wasn't for me. My kids were on a routine. Up at 7, their appetite starts to fall in line with their activity. Naps at 2:00, they wld begin to need this nap right around 2pm. We stuck like that all through elementary, jr high(no naps, lol)...then they were doing things on their own. I still keep my schedule though. We had tons of time for playing everday.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 11:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• kids can help,put one activity away before bringing out new one. I do some early AM,then again in the PM when my son is in bed.
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 12:55 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• It's all about maintaining the cleanliness as opposed to scrubbing down everything top to bottom on a daily basis. Try to be real here. If we're passing from one room to another and see something that needs to be put up, we take care of it on our way. We also get our kids to help us clean by cleaning their own things up too. It makes maintaining the cleanliness that much easier.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Like the others have said, it's all about maintenance. I can spend 20 minutes running through the house putting stuff away and wiping stuff down, or I can let it go and spend hours scrubbing and trying to get crud clean. Keeping up is a million times easier than catching up.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2011